- [Applied Physics B/app/home/journal.asp?referrer=parent&backto=linkingpublicationresults,1:100502,1)]
- [American Journal of Physics]
- [Physical Review Letters] the general physics journal for new developments that will be interesting to most physicists. Articles are limited to 4 pages in length.
- [Physical Review A] journal specifically for atomic, molecular and optical physics.
- [Optics Letters] optical physics and technology.
- [Journal of the Optical Society of America B] optical physics and technology, some atomic physics.
- [Science Direct] access Elsevier journals online, such as Optics Communications
- [Review of Scientific Instruments]
Random science sites
- [How Stuff Works] as the name suggests.
- [Hyperphysics] physics tutorials
- [Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics] Wolfram Research mathworlds site
- [Greg Egan's Homepage] West Australian science fiction author. Good hard sci-fi + many interesting applets.
- [Charles Stross' homepage] British science fiction author
- [Cliff Pickover's Homepage] science/science fiction author
- [Science Hobbyist]
- [Historical Nuclear Weapons Test Films] pictures of things that go bang.
- [Periodic Table of the Elements] handy reference for when you need to know the mass of cesium.
- [Amateur Laser Constructors Homepage] Caution: do not look into laser with remaining eye.
- [Science Central] gateway to scientific news sources
- [Every Rule]
- [Engineering Fundamentals]
- [Machines] explanation of how basic machines work
- [Game of Life] fast Java applet implementation of Conway's Game of Life cellular automata